Week Notes 2021/9
Sun Mar 7, 2021
Notes for the week of 1st through 7th of March 2021.
A patchy week. I have been going to bed far too late and waking up too late and extremely groggy. It’s getting silly.
- Week nine of the half marathon program. This was a slight repeat of week eight to ensure I did the long run.
- Tuesday was a 2 mile recovery run which I went on with Jen. ❤
- On Thursday I went and ran a 5km time trial, which I managed to beat my previous personal best. This absolutely destroyed me. Listened to the Rammstein album Mutter.
- On Friday I went for a 2 mile recovery run, because while I’m sort of repeating week eight I wanted to add some additional stimulus.
- The Sunday run was eight miles of joy, happiness, and rain along the sea front. A positive experience. Listened to Miles Davis’ Sketches of Spain.
- The coffee for this week was from Obadiah Coffee.
- On Monday, we watched Star Trek: Deep Space 9 S6E15 “Honor Amongst Thieves”.
- On Tuesday, I made vegan beef burgers on ciabatta rolls for dinner.
- On Thursday, I cooked pasta with a jar of sauce because I was shattered from the time trial.
- On Saturday night, I roasted some vegetables we had in and fried some some plant based sausages.
- I finished reading City of the Iron Fish by Simon Ings.
- This is a forgotten classic.
- I am going to start Winter in Sokcho by Elisa Shua Dusapin tonight.
- On Saturday night we watched Avengers: Endgame.
- I continued playing Control.
- I think that I’m about midway through the main game and I have just reached the first part where I have to grind.
- I bought a new mechanical keyboard.
- I played with the Circuit Tracks a little, but need to fiddle with the synthesizer patch settings.
- On Monday I started working on a new fiction project, which I’m still enthusiastic about.
- Right now, I’m working on a short story as a study.
- I also started rereading William Gibson’s Spook Country for reasons somewhat related to the study.
- I also started reading a novella by Simon Fung to provide feedback on.
- I also sent Jen a story I wrote over Christmas and hadn’t manged to motivate myself to work on.
- I replied to an email thread with Mike which had sat for a month. Sorry.
- On Friday an opinion I’ve voiced on Zoom calls with friends while drinking was shared on a Facebook group. It was about my problems with books being adapted into film & TV. The precise point wasn’t conveyed by the person paraphrasing it.
- Jen ordered food from Pigs Wings on Friday for dinner. I ate a delicious Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich.