This is a “now page”, and I think they are a good idea.
As of February 3rd 2021:
- I’m in the midst of another lock down in Scotland.
- I have been enjoying the use of a M1 MacBook Air since Christmas.
- I am playing a lot of Ghost of Tsushima.
- I am very much reminded of the first Red Dead Redemption and why it’s a better game than RDR2.
- As I’ve documented in my week note posts, I am training for a half-marathon, which I’ll be running as a solo time trial.
As of November 15th 2020:
- I am still running a lot right now, instead of climbing. The best time for this was during the summer with the long northern days, but now that autumn is rapidly ending and the amount of daylight at this latitude is so diminished I’m frequently out at lunch to catch the thin light.
- I read a good article about getting over writers block by listening to techno at Lit Hub. A lot of my working music is now various techno playlists and overall my mood while coding and writing has improved. How I Cured My Writers Block with Techno
- I have been on a real Samuel R. Delany reading spree and am enjoying dipping into “In Search of Silence: The Journals of Samuel R. Delany Volume 1”.
As of August 7th 2020:
- Covid-19 reframed working remotely and wrecked my climbing plans & goals for this year
- Because I could not climb regularly for three to four months I took up road and trail running
- This has been a good adaptation strategy and changed my plans for the end of summer here
- My ability to concentrate isn’t great at the moment and I am not massively productive outside of #dayjob (wonder why?). I’m still terrible at imposing routine habits upon myself
As of January 1st 2020:
- I am getting used to working remotely such that it’s now normal for me
- I have started rock climbing indoors again and am planning some easy adventures for the spring
As of September 23rd 2019:
- I have just moved to Aberdeen, Scotland
- I am looking to spend a lot more time writing prose and code for myself
- I am still listening to a lot of Earth