Week Notes 2021/7
Mon Feb 22, 2021
Notes for the week of 15th through 21st of February 2021.
As the weather has improved so has my mood.
- Week seven of the half marathon program.
- Tuesday was a 4 mile recovery run which I ran after dark along the sea front.
- Friday was 10km continuous hill session.
- Mostly the same route as the first time I ran this session. Approximately 150 meters over 10km.
- Ended up slower than last time partly because the session had to move to Friday due to work and I ran in the morning.
- The route was slightly different because they closed some roads so they could shoot a film about Tetris. It was strange to run past a row of soviet era cars.
- On Sunday’s run the weather was springlike and all the people who weren’t out on the sea front two weeks ago decided it was a good place to spend an afternoon walking very slowly in large groups. It was only a 10km run. Wasn’t my best and wasn’t my worst. I really need new road running shoes.
- The coffee for this week was from Panama and roasted by Artisan Roast.
- I will brew the other two sample coffees from Outpost in the week as treats.
- On Monday, I cooked jar pasta sauce with vegan kebab meat and gnocci.
- Garlic bread was probably involved as well.
- On Monday, we watched Star Trek: Deep Space 9 S6E13 “Far Beyond the Stars”.
- This is an exceptional episode of DS9, but still ham fisted.
- On Thursday, because I didn’t run in the afternoon, I cooked plant based garlic Kiev and potato waffles for dinner.
- On Saturday night, I was again lazy, and cooked jar sauce and pasta for dinner.
- However, for lunch we went to Roots at the Beach.
- I continued reading City of the Iron Fish by Simon Ings.
- On Saturday night we watched Avengers: Infinity Wars because we’ve not seen it or Endgame.
- Also, we’ve been enjoying WandaVision.
- I played a lot of Ghost of Tsushima over the weekend.
- Several complex tasks were resolved at work this week, which has made me happier.
- External forces compelled action.
- I really want a Novation Circuit Tracks.
- This was not a productive week for writing. I need to make more of an effort next week.
- Next week I am on-call. 😅
Addendum: This should have been posted yesterday evening, but I immediately hopped back onto the PlayStation for more time with Ghost of Tsushima.