Week Notes 2021/32
Sun Aug 15, 2021
Notes for the week of 9th through 15th of August 2021.
- On Saturday morning, I went to my first Park Run. I enjoyed the experience. It occurred to me that aside from some P.E. lessons in middle school the first time I’ve ran in a mass participation event since some cross country races I took part in in Primary School.
- On Saturday, afternoon I moved my desk a couple of feet closer to the window in my study and made everything a bit more cramped and comfortable. Where my desk had been was making me feel ever so slightly agoraphobic and anxious.
- There was a one-to-one with my manager, which went well.
- Trafalgar (Angélica Gorodischer, 1979)
- I guess this is on pause for the moment.
- Use of Weapons (Iain M Banks, 1990)
- I’m reading about two chapters of this a night and am about halfway through.
- On Monday 9th I had a strength and conditioning session with a personal trainer.
- On Tuesday 10th I undertook a 5km time trail. My watch recorded my second best effort with a time of 25:34, which I’m happy with since it’s been well over a month since I ran with any sort of intention to go hard.
- On Thursday 12th I went out for an easy 8km plod along the sea front.
- On Saturday 14th I took part in the Aberdeen Park Run for the first time and officially completed the course in 26:09. Accord to my watch, this is my third fastest 5km ever, which given the effort earlier in the week I’m also happy with. The event itself was enjoyable and I shall run there again in the future. Except, when I go next, I’ll try to remember to eat my morning porridge an hour before instead of half an hour, as my stomach was no happy in the first couple of kilometres.
- On Sunday 15th I went out for an afternoon run to Cairn Coffee. It’s just over 10km there and back from the house. A reasonably relaxed experience kept at a low intensity.
- Cowboy Bebop E1 “Asteroid Blues”
- Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown S3E6 “Russia”
- Grosse Pointe Blank (George Armitage, 1997)
- I finally kicked Father Gascoigne so hard in the dick he died. This is probably the happiest I’ve been gaming this year.
- Kentucky Route Zero
- I replayed Act One with the intention of finally finishing the game.
- A very short jam on my Circuit Tracks