Week Notes 2021/31
Sun Aug 8, 2021
Notes for the week of 2nd August through 8th of August 2021.
- Monday was a bank holiday, but I still dialled into the start of sprint call for work. Then I napped all afternoon, which was a bit of a waste.
- On Wednesday 4th August I had my second dose of the Moderna vaccine for COVID-19. At midnight I had a mild fever and chills, slept, then was out of action on Thursday due to being absolutely shattered. Thankfully, I was able to go for a short walk on Thursday evening and felt mostly fine on Friday.
- I called it quits on a writing project on the Monday then did nothing else for the rest of the week. See above for why.
- After five years of weekly viewing, Jen & I finished watching Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
- How to Read Literature (Terry Eagleton, 2014)
- I’m very near the end of this. Probably about twenty pages left.
- Trafalgar (Angélica Gorodischer, 1979)
- Use of Weapons (Iain M Banks, 1990)
- Time for my annual read of an Iain Banks novel.
- A much better week despite the Moderna vaccine side-effects.
- On Monday 2nd of August I went to the gym very early in the morning to do some strength and conditioning work.
- On Tuesday 3rd of August I went for a 8km run along the sea front. Came across a friend from the Caingorm Club that I’d not seen since last year, so had an enjoyable catch up on the run home.
- On Sunday 8th of August I went for a 7 mile run. Even though the weather was good, it kinda sucked. On the plus side, I got to have a coffee halfway through.
- Star Trek: Deep Space 9 S7E24 “Dogs of War”
- Star Trek: Deep Space 9 S7E25+26 “What You Leave Behind”
- Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown S11E1 “West Virginia”
- My sister bought me a new copy of this to replace the one I’d lost. This is the good shit! Actually, this would be the reason why I didn’t write anything at the weekend.