Week Notes 2021/29
Sun Jul 25, 2021
Notes for the two weeks of 19th through 25th of July 2021.
- I kicked the corner of a cardboard box which had my cat sleeping in it last Tuesday and did something painful to my big toe. It hurt a lot in the middle of last week but it went away by Friday. This week, on Tuesday, the pain returned and stopped me from running that day. I spent the back half of the week worried it was broken. After spending awful couple of hours hobbling around town on Saturday then the afternoon with my foot up I woke up on Sunday mostly pain free. The affected toe is still swollen and red, but looking better. Next week I’ll not run until the Sunday to give it more time to heal.
- I’m going to spend time in at the gym on a stationary bike. Hopefully that will keep my active to feel properly tired.
- If the problem reoccurs I’ll book an appointment with the GP.
- My LG Monitor is showing signs of some sort of back-light bleed around the corners which is frustrating. I powered it off completely on Friday which is allegedly a fix, so we’ll see if things have improved on Monday afternoon.
- Not much fun or interesting at work. Since next week I’m off on vacation that should give me some time to rest and relax.
- On Saturday I picked up a copy of Iain M. Banks’ Use of Weapons.
- How to Read Literature (Terry Eagleton, 2014)
- I’m very near the end of this.
- Trafalgar (Angélica Gorodischer, 1979)
- Due to the aforementioned toe I ran nowhere this week.
- However, the injury has convinced me to consider training to run a marathon distance.
- Star Trek: Deep Space 9 S7E18 “Till Death Do Us Part”
- Star Trek: Deep Space 9 S7E19 “Strange Bedfellows”
- The Dead Don’t Die (Jim Jarmusch, 2019)
- This is in many ways a Jarmusch greatest hits reel with his standard repertoire of actors which is both a criticism and a complement.
- Mostly with the Circuit Tracks, Ableton Live Lite, and a Novation Launchkey Mink Mk3.
- Setup Nord theme for this website
- Tidy desk and workspace
- Mostly this means moving books back onto shelves
- Write more fiction