Week Notes 2021/21 + 22 + 23
Mon Jun 14, 2021
Notes for the two weeks of 24th of May through 13th of June 2021.
- In the last couple of weeks we’ve had a few different coffees. All Ethiopian in origin.
- The major deliverable for my current big work project has been implemented. There’s documentation to write and some monitoring to put in place, but the technical work is done.
- I have a couple of upcoming overnight trips to Glen Nevis and the Mamores coming up, so I’ve spent some time upgrading and buying new equipment for such adventures.
- I haven’t been writing fiction.
- I had my first vaccination against COVID-19 on the 9th of June. My arm hurt and then I felt properly tired for a couple of days, but by Friday I was fine.
- The Little Goddess (Ian McDonald, 2005)
- We Have Always Lived in the Castle (Shirley Jackson, 1962)
- Making very slow progress with this.
- The Book of the New Sun: The Shadow of the Torturer (Gene Wolfe, 1980)
- I started this the other night because it’s a commonly referenced book on a Discord I am a member of. Sadly, and annoyingly, there isn’t a Kindle edition which matches my paperback edition which has the first two novels in it, and I was planning on purchasing an ebook of it ahead of my trip to Glen Nevis.
- Titanfall 2
- It was on sale for the PlayStation 4 and I’d heard good things about the single player. It was not disappointed.
- Mass Effect
- I bought the remastered games a few weeks ago, but haven’t been playing them much recently because I have not been playing games much.
- On Tuesday May 25th, I went out for an easy 10km run along the sea front because it’s a standard route for me.
- On Thursday May 27th, I went out to run a 5km time trail and set a new personal best.
- On Sunday May 30th, Jen & I took the bus to Drumoak and ran 10.7 miles of the Deeside Way back to Aberdeen
- On Tuesday June 1st, I went for a 10km run along the sea completely enshrouded in haar.
- On Thursday June 3rd, I did a six mile continuous hill session.
- On Sunday June 6th, I went to Kirkhill forest via the bus and a short walk along the verge of the A96. Quite a bit of height gained, but I’m sad that I didn’t get across the road to link up with the trails in Tyrebagger and beyond.
- On Tuesday June 8th, I ran about seven miles along the beach at an easy pace.
- On Friday June 11th, I went for a easy five kilometer run to the beach with Jen. It didn’t feel quite right, as I was still recovering from vaccine side-effects and quite a few days of inactivity. My joints ached from under use.
- On Sunday June 13th, I went with Jen took a bus out in into the Cairngorms to run the leg of the Deeside Way between Ballatar and Aboyne. It was too warm.
- Star Trek: Deep Space 9 S7E6 “Treachery, Faith and the Great River”
- Star Trek: Deep Space 9 S7E7 “Once More unto the Breach”
- Star Trek: Deep Space 9 S7E8 “The Siege of AR-558”
- Star Trek: Deep Space 9 S7E9 “Covenant”
- Star Trek: Deep Space 9 S7E10 “It’s Only a Paper Moon”
- Chunking Express (Wong Kar-wai, 1994)
- Inside (Bo Burnham, 2021)
- Antony Bourden’s Parts Unknown SXEX “Berlin”
- Lupin Part 2