Week Notes 2021/15
Tue Apr 20, 2021
Notes for the week of 12th through 18th of April 2021.
- The coffee for this week was from Artisan Roast.
- And we ran out mid-week and replaced it with something entirely forgettable.
- I didn’t write anything due to being on-call.
- As mentioned I was on-call for work this week. I only had two call outs and both were not exceedingly serious or panic inducing, even if they both came when I was getting ready for bed.
- Work went a lot better by the end of the week as I’d found a viable a solution for the problem I’d been working on. The method for finding this was remembering that making a small model of the thing I’m trying to do is a very good way to get unstuck.
- I had intended to start a training cycle, but that plan fell apart by Thursday.
- Tuesday was a two mile recovery run to the sea.
- I skipped Thursday and ran on Friday. I attempted a fartlek session, but utterly failed. Not enough food and water throughout the day led me to burning out less than half way through the session. I ran home after, slowly.
- I skipped Sunday and went for a decent walk instead.
- Star Trek: Deep Space 9 S6E20 “His Way”
- I cringed my way through most of this episode, but was rewarded with the sweet and satisfying pay off.
- Hotel Artemis (Drew Pearce, 2018). Really liked this. A dystopian action film that reminded me a lot of the filmed I used to watch growing us as a child of the 90s/00s.
- Ballad of Black Tom by Victor LaValle
- An excellent novella. Very enjoyable.
- Read in one week.
- The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas by Ursula K. Le Guin
- I’m sure I’d read this story before, but it kept coming up in a writing Discord I’m part of and I wanted to refresh myself. It’s a classic story and has everything I enjoyed in Le Guin’s writing and a lot of what I intensely dislike.