Week Notes 2021/14
Sun Apr 11, 2021
Notes for the week of 5th through 11th of April 2021.
I’m just grinding away and trying to get through to a point where I can stop and think.
- The coffee for this week was again from Cupper’s Choice.
- But we ran out at the end of the week and ended up getting some Artisan Roast.
- We will probably run at mid-week again.
- I finished reading Winter in Sokcho by Elisa Shua Dusapin.
- Enjoyable, if slight. Mood over plot. I’m hesitant to recommend this.
- Next I’m going into The Sunken Land Begins to Rise Again.
- I wrote some words of fiction over the week, but less than I wanted.
- On Monday, we watched Star Trek: Deep Space 9 S6E19 “In the Pale Moonlight”.
- Probably one the best episodes of Star Trek ever made.
- I watched a couple of episodes of The Falcon and The Winter Soldier.
- It’s fine fodder to watch while eating lunch, but mostly it’s a mess.
- On Friday night I rewatched the Sam Rami film “The Quick and the Dead”.
- On Saturday I wrote a 1500 word race report for the half marathon time trial, which I should post soon.
- This week and for the last few months I haven’t found work massively fulfilling. In part it the nature of what I’m doing on a day-to-day basis, but the isolation of lock down and being so remote from many folks is dragging me down a bit. When each day and each week look the same my motivation diminishes to nothing.
- I’m not following a specific program or plan at the moment. This week was all about maintaining a level of capacity.
- Tuesday was a two mile recovery run to the sea front. This run was so cold and easy that I didn’t need to shower when I got back into the house.
- On Thursday I went out in the evening for a quick 8km at an easy pace.
- On Friday I reversed the loop I ran on Tuesday.
- On Sunday I went for a seven mile easy run.
- The episode of 99% Invisible was about The Real Book and well worth listening to.