Week Notes 2021/5
Sun Feb 7, 2021
Notes for the week of 1st through 7th of February 2021.
A mixed affair. The weather has gotten worse and a couple of late nights have knocked my sleeping habits a bit out of shape.
- Week five of the half marathon program. Tuesday was a 3 mile recovery run, which I took along the sea front.
- Thursday was the first of the really hard sessions. Six miles, hills continuous. It took me about 1:05 and I gained and lost 145m.
- The weather was awful and I started the run at 16:00 rather than the intended 15:00, which was annoying.
- Sunday was meant to be a 7 mile long run, but I only managed about half the distance.
- Heavy snow and sleet made running along the sea front challenging and ultimately unsafe.
- I made some poor clothing decisions as well in regards to socks and a mid-layer.
- I will have to go tomorrow to make up the miles.
- For most of the week my coffee was the Filter Blend from Square Mile as my daily coffee.
- I did order some coffee from Outpost on Monday 1st, but it wasn’t dispatched by Wednesday, when we were starting to run short, so some coffee was ordered from Foodstory to fill in the gap.
- The coffee from Foodstory isn’t very good because I don’t think it is stored in a sealed container and it was roasted about a month ago.
- On Monday, I cooked short grain rice, marinated tofu coated in corn flour, and a jar of sweet and sour sauce.
- On Monday, we watched Star Trek: Deep Space 9 S6E11 “Waltz”.
- This was a very much a bottle episode.
- Also one of the more interesting episodes of the season so far.
- On Thursday, after the run, I cooked a traditional post-run meal of rice, curry sauce, and a fried vegan chicken burger.
- On Friday I bought some excellent music from Bandcamp.
- On Saturday night I cooked a cabbage based stir fry with a ginger sauce from scratch.
- From a Japanese vegan cookbook I’ve been using a lot.
- I am still reading The Memory Police by Yōko Ogawa.
- On Saturday night we watched the final three of the five episodes of Lupin.
- I am still playing a lot of Ghosts of Tsushima and probably to the detriment of other things I wish to do.
- I want to write about the boulders of Tsushima.
- At work, things are plodding along, but I’d like something to properly puzzle over soon.
- I haven’t had the motivation to work on fiction things in the evening or over the weekend.