Week Notes 2021/17
Sun May 2, 2021
Notes for the week of 26th of April through 2nd of May 2021.
- The coffee for this week was from Quarter Horse Coffee. It was their Rwandan coffee called “Ireme”.
- Very good. I’m starting to get great results with Aeropress method James Hoffman reccently published.
- On Saturday I bought a bag of Tin Donkey coffee. Ethiopian.
- I continued reading M John Harrison’s The Sunken Land Begins to Rise Again.
- I continued reading a friend’s novel in draft with the view to critique it for them.
- I’ll finish it tonight/tomorrow and use some of the bank holiday to write a review.
- I wrote a small number of words on one project.
- I picked up a collection of Castlevania games for the PlayStation.
- Work continue to just happen.
- On Thursday, after my run, I cooked spaghetti, chilli pesto, and vegan escalopes for Jen & I.
- On Friday morning I woke up aching all over from the run the night before, so I ordered a McDonald’s breakfast.
- This was the first Sausage & Egg McMuffin I’d had in two years and it was lush.
- There is a bank holiday tomorrow (Monday 3rd), which I’m looking forward to.
- I’m also looking forward to meeting up with some walkers on Thursday for a short socially distanced walk.
- The walk will be on trails I know really well because they are super close to where I live and intersect with various running routes, but it’ll be nice to see other folks. (This means I’ll have to swap my Thursday and Tuesday session.)
- Week two of the current program.
- I skipped Tuesday because work and other things were stressing me out.
- Thursday was a six mile hill session. It hurt. It was great, although the next day everything hurt.
- Friday I went for a five kilometer recovery run to make up for Tuesday.
- On Saturday I bought some new running shoes and spent quite a lot of a new waterproof.
- Sunday was another seven mile long run. I really messed up nutrition and hydration though, so, right now on Sunday evening, I’m shattered. However, because of the new fancy Gortex jacket, I stayed dry.
- Star Trek: Deep Space 9 S6E22 “Valiant”
- The Happiness of the Katakuris (Takashi Miike, 2001).