Week Notes 2021/11
Sun Mar 21, 2021
Notes for the week of 15th through 21st of March 2021.
It was a week that happened. I spent a lot of the week not feeling great to the extend that I took Friday off to decompress.
- Week eleven of the half marathon program.
- Tuesday was a 5km recovery run that I ran with Jen in the evening.
- On Thursday I had a seven mile run with five miles at half marathon pace. I really didn’t want to head out and spent most of the afternoon procrastinating. It sucked.
- On Friday there was a 5km recover run.
- Sunday was a ten mile long run. It went well. The possibly highlight of the run was the rhubarb and custard gel I ate half way through.
- The coffee for this week was from Paper Cup.
- A super good roast from Peru that tastes of hibiscus.
- On Monday, I cooked a simple three ingredient tomato sauce and pasta
- On Thursday, I cooked a pasta and pesto again.
- For Friday lunch, I went to Bonobo and bought myself a vegan sausage and bacon softie for lunch.
- On Saturday, I made another no knead Detroit style deep dish pizza for dinner but instead of a normal pizza I made it with a chicken tikka curry topping.
- I continued reading Spook Country by William Gibson.
- I finished playing the main content of Control
- There are problems with the game and it is a bit of a mess in places, but conceptually excellent.
- Hardly any fiction this week. Sigh.
- As mentioned above, I felt like shite for most of the week and it was starting to affect my work, so I took Friday off.
- I sold my car for scrap on Friday because it was no longer working or economical to repair. The tax was due at the start of April.
- I’m off work tomorrow and looking forward for another breakfast softie from Bonobo.