Week Notes 2021/10
Sun Mar 14, 2021
Notes for the week of 8th through 14th of March 2021.
A mostly fine week. Two really positive running sessions. So-so at work.
- Week ten of the half marathon program.
- Tuesday was a 2 mile recovery run which, because our training plans are in sync, I went on again with Jen. ❤
- On Thursday I booked a half day off work so I could run the seven miles continuous hills session mid-afternoon. I think that’s the last hill session on the plan, so that form of suffering will be missed. I caught up to some episodes of the In Our Time podcast.
- On Friday I went for a 5km recovery run with Jen. The plan called for two miles, but we wanted to properly see the sea at night and watch the wind turbines and boats lit up off the coast.
- The Sunday run was a ten mile long run. Again, like last week, this was super slow and controlled. According to Strava this as my third fastest time over ten miles, but I suspect this was also the third time I’ve ever ran ten miles. Once again, I managed to fuel well with left overs from Saturday’s pizza for lunch and a large blueberry muffin eaten prior. I also took water with me for this session since I planned to be out of the house for just under two hours. While running I listened to a pirated version of the original Neuromancer audio-book narrated by William Gibson. There was another change from last week, but it would be to much information. ;)
- The coffee for this week was from Red Bank.
- On Monday, we watched Star Trek: Deep Space 9 S6E16 “Change of Heart”.
- On Monday, I cooked a chickpea curry.
- On Thursday, I cooked pasta and pesto.
- On Saturday, I made a no knead Detroit style deep dish pizza for dinner and also a massive jar of pickled onions.
- I continued reading Spook Country by William Gibson.
- I did not start reading Winter in Sokcho by Elisa Shua Dusapin.
- On Saturday night we watched Midnight in Paris (Woody Allan, 2011).
- Despite the icky Woody Allan vibes this is an annoyingly good film.
- On Sunday night we watched the first half of Sarah Silverman’s Netflix special ‘A Speck of Dust’.
- I played less of Control than I’d have liked to.
- Still stuck on an encounter.
- Ended up turing on the assistance mode to get past it.
- I started playing ‘The Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past’ on the Switch.
- On Friday lunch time my team at work ordered food delivery and we played Among Us.
- A nice way to end a sprint and celebrate two colleagues birthdays, even if one of them was on vacation.
- The new mechanical keyboard arrived and it’s nice. There are few bits of the layout that I’m missing and I need to tune some setting on my work laptop so F-keys work in Linux.
- Not much fiction written in this week. The usual excuses of work will suffice.